Accounting Internships in the Philippines
Showing 24 items
Be the first to know about new jobs
Create an alert for this search and never miss a job.
Accounting Internships Overview
Accounting jobs are among the top choices for jobs and professional careers in the Philippines per the recent trends of today. This is because of three main factors, which are high demand, high salary, and a variety of environments.
These factors are attributed to the fact that most industries and fields, if not all, require the expertise and services of accounting professionals. Hence, accounting professionals play a vital role in economic development. Moreover, accounting firms work on three different broad categories, namely Audit, Tax, and Advisory. Thus, the career opportunities available are vast.
A great way to further be immersed in the accounting industry is to be an accounting intern. The purpose of such accounting internship programs is to facilitate a learning environment while experiencing firsthand daily accounting tasks and activities.
Types of Accounting Internships
In companies and businesses, the accounting team/department is responsible for the comprehensive analyses of their current and projected future economic and financial conditions. Handling a broad sector of a company, there are various forms of accounting internships that are available.
- Corporate Accounting Internship
- Tax Accounting internship
- Audit Accounting internship
- Financial Accounting internship
Moreover, analyses of accounting reports and financial statements further help the company in decision-making regarding its courses of action regarding the current and future projects. Hence, scrutiny of such financial statements of a company is inevitable, thereby making accounting professionals very much accountable.
Finding an Accounting Internships
In today’s day and age, finding jobs has become a lot easier for job-seekers. With just an internet search, jobs will pop up right on your screens. Moreover, online job portals are now making it a lot more convenient searching for accounting internship programs available. Prosple Philippines is an online job portal that offers a wide selection of available jobs and employers from different industry sectors, which can be tailored according to your preferences with specific filters for easier browsing.
- Boston Consulting Group Philippines
- Deloitte Philippines
- Dolorfino and Associates CPAs
- EY Global Delivery Services PH
- Fullstack Advisory
- Isla Lipana and Co.
Internship Opportunities Abroad
If you feel that you are more adept at having an accounting internship abroad, you can check these out:
- Accounting internships in Australia
- Accounting internships in New Zealand
- Accounting internships in India
- Accounting internships in Malaysia
- Accounting internships in Indonesia
Requirements for Application
To be an excellent accounting intern, you must possess certain skills from basic to technical ones. These requirements may differ from one company or firm to another as distinct companies prefer varied considerations for their job positions. Thus, the following are the common requirements accounting firms see essential for applicants to have.
- Must be a graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and self-organizing
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Can work under pressure and is a team player
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong research skills
Roles and Responsibilities as an Accounting Intern
Entering into Accounting Internship programs is a vital step for students and fresh graduates to better understand the career they are pursuing. These internship programs are an avenue to create a sturdy foundation for your future professional career. Thus, the following are the roles and responsibilities that accounting interns are to fulfill.
- Provide support to the staff of the Accounting department while they perform their own responsibilities.
- Prepare invoices, financial reports, such as income statements and balance sheets, and other documents
- Learn how to work as a member of the Accounting team by means of compiling and analyzing data, tracking information, and supporting the company or clients.
- Assist with research, data entry, and filing of relevant files
- Record and maintain precise and accurate financial records.
- Work with various bookkeeping software
- Handle sensitive or confidential information with integrity and honesty.
- Take on tasks or projects in order to learn more about accounting operations.
According to Indeed, the average monthly payment for an accounting intern is at PHP. 4,999.00
Alternative Career Options
As straightforward as it may seem, you may feel that accounting may not be for you. Thus, there are alternative options you may choose to pursue as your professional career such as Business Process Outsourcing, Banking & Financial Services, and Retail, Sales & Consumer Goods.